I guess its time to update some of my looks fresh from my new wardrobe with a little spice of DIY! who doesnt like DIY?! hahaha
The look is kind of a nerdy one, I may be assuming but the look Im strutting is about a librarian/bookworm look. The buttonup shirt, bow tie, satchels and nerdy glasses would give you an idea Im aiming for that look.
I love how it turned out actually, even the plain brown background from my room upstairs served its purpose and the lighting was also great! Its from a small window in front of me. It was afternoon that time, so the light is subtle.
My bow tie is actually a DIY project. I had nothing to do at home so I gathered some scrap heap of cloth and some faux pearls and this pearl monster was born. I did another one, black and studded and Ill feature it in another post.
It took me roughly an hour to finish it since Im already in the aid of my trusty sewing machine. I admit adding the beads or beading was fun and worthwhile the threadwork at the back is shabby! but it still looks great!
Ill be doing a lot more of these bow tie babies and its gonna be a week! You’ll be luck if I could post a tutorial, but there are handfuls of tutorials on the internet and probably better.
BTW here are other pictures
Ill be up and about this following week since I need to beautify some of my profiles or improve them, greatly, but Ill post! 🙂
Thanks for reading!
- DIY Baroque Inspired Bow Tie (lovchild.wordpress.com)
- Men’s Style: Bow Tie Not Just Black Tie (myfashioncents.com)
- ~ peter punk collar :: a DIY ~ (enchantedchameleon.typepad.com)
- 23 DIY Necklace Designs – From Upcycled Milk Jug Necklaces to Friendship Necklace Tutorials (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- DIY Pinterest Nails (myfashioncents.com)
- DIY: Doctor Who Inspired Bow Tie Necklace (3chicgeeks.com)
- 100 DIY Ideas for the 3-Day Weekend (apartmenttherapy.com)